This school year was marked by several highlight, including the times when I:
- demonstrated the use instructional strategies to teachers at faculty meetings;
- created a Common Core Website for our district:
- divided 270 Marzano Assessment verbs into different disciplines to improve vocabuary across the curriculum;
- took 40 students to see the premier of These! Paper!Bullets! at Yale Rep Theatre;
- reconfigured the English IV electives into a survey course that will include Memoir, Film & Literature, and Drama;
- figured out how to use a Google phone # when calling parents;
- mentored the long-term substitute for five months in English II and Honors English I when a teacher was injured in a car accident;
- evaluated a third grade math specialist;
- never got round to teaching Margaret Atwoord’s The Handmaid’s Tale to the AP students;
- finally got around to putting the multiple choice quizzes onto digital platforms for AP students:
- presented how we use technology in our classrooms at the National Council of Teachrs of English Convention in Boston;
- designed a freshman writing lab for 2014-2015.
Oh, yes, and I started this blog.
Time for summer!